Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Nutty chocolate cake

Hi everyone! Last Monday was the first "monthsary" of me and my blog. :) So I decided to celebrate it with nothing less, and the most famous recipe of all time (I think), a chocolate cake!

(It was a tag team effort, my mom wanted to try decorating my baked goodies so she did the cake decoration here! Ain't it awesome? :)



I used the recipe of Ina Garten's Double Chocolate Layer Cake, only I did not make it into two layers. This is my FIRST TIME baking a cake, so please look away from all the "ugly" and "wrong" things I did. Haha! :p

The batter ---mixing the dry with the wet. Manual mixing IS TOUGH.
My favorite part -- the recipe called out for melting the chocolate! YUMMY!
See it riseee!!!! (A still very wet batter)

I left the cake and the frosting chilled overnight (unintentionally because I accidentally slept). But it was a good think because it made the frosting more thick! :)

Now to the fun part....

Spreading the frosting (which looks like Nutella)



 Grinding and spreading over the cashew nuts and garnishing with the bread sticks..



 Voila! A CHOCOLATE SINFUL CREATION!




Let's move on to THE most favorite part of all time!

 Slicing the cake




 And dunking it to the mouth!

It tasted heavenly! The cake was so moist. It's definitely worth seconds and thirds of recipe reuse. Thanks to technology, this yummy recipe was made to be shared for everyone!

The only thing I adjusted in this recipe was the amount of butter in the frosting. It can be noted that it said 2 sticks, but I only used 1 stick, for I prefer a lesser butter-y taste. I turned out just as I hoped. :)

Yay for the chocolate cake! <3











No comments:

Post a Comment