Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My baby blobs

Hi! Happy April!!!
 Let me share to you my current obsession: these little fur blobs.
They love to kiss each other and bite each other's tails.

Last February 28, my shih-tzu dog Hersheys (whom I fondly call "Taba" or fat)  gave birth to five cute blob. It's funny how I always relate the giving birth of a dog to that of a human giving birth. In both occasions, I daresay, the males are always the lucky one --- they are totally free from the process. Partner dogs are sometimes even oblivious to the fact that their partner is in labor already. Weirdly. Bittersweet facts of life.

Here's the photo of their parents (pardon their messy look, they are yet to be trimmed *puppy cut* for summer!) :

Mom, Hersheys
Dad, Mallows
That dad dog was sleeping during the whole labor process. Supportive partner, eh? (But hey, I guess, different standards are practiced by dogs. Heh. :P

Anyway, I call them "blobs" because they actually looked like such when they were born until they had the courage to actually stand up. A little over a month now, they are already nomads wandering around the house with the danger of someone stepping on them accidentally anytime.



What I find weird about them is that they are all of the same color. Well, their tones and shades vary, but you get what I mean, they are all in one hue! BROWN. Well, it's still tri-color, brown, black and white. Brown body, black face and ears and a white chest (or necktie) to be exact.
 
Why do I find it weird? Because it is the first time I've seen my any of my shih-tzu dog breed five puppies with the same color. The matriarch of the family (or rather our original female dog) had given birth to two batches of puppies each having a different color. There's usually a majority white dog, brown, blonde, and black dog in one batch! But in this case, it was different. In a chocolate-y kind of way. ;)

Here's my favorite of the pack: Muffin.



SEE HOW CUTE SHE IS? She looks a lot like a mouse (Haha!), because of her really tiny size. They have this princess breed, which makes them supposedly smaller than other shih tzus. But still, Muffin is extra small, she is half the size of her siblings. (Case in point: her and the iPad). Tragic.



But she is the smartest of them all. The most responsive. She even knows her name already! Small but terrible. Can she stay as small as this? She is so cute as it is, I don't want her to grow bigger! Haha. Silly me.

These blobs are a definite fun. The house haunted by the constant squeals and tiny wagging tails, always for the look out for their mom's breastmilk. Can they stay puppies forever? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment